Sunday, August 30, 2009

Strawberry Shortcake Strawberry Cake

This weekend, I was thinking that it would be nice to bake a new kind of cake (I've been making my three standbys for awhile now--chocolate/brownie, carrot, and oranage), and thought that strawberry cake would be a good one to try.
I found this amazing, gelatin and cake mix-free strawberry cake recipe at the A Dash of Sass blog: http://adashofsass.com/2009/03/01/homemade-strawberry-cake/
I baked two large cakes (base and rounded top) along with a little 4-incher to make sure that it was delicious, which it definitely was, topped with some leftover cream cheese frosting from the fridge. No pictures of the tester- it was gone pretty quickly!
Strawberry flavored cake in the shape of a strawberry shortcake
dessert with "whipped cream" cream cheese icing.


No comments:

Post a Comment